Potala Palace (winter palace)
potala palace was first build in 7th century during the time of 33rd Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo but due to many reason it was run after the fall of dynasty in the 9th century, but in 17the century it was rebuild in the present size for 5th Dalai Lama, now its mixed with 7th and 17th century building divided in to two color, white and red building white building was use as official build before liberation and red part is religious side.
Norbu lingka ( summer palace)
The Norbu link ia a national AAAA grade scenic spot. with a literal meaning of Jewel Garden, the Norbu links was the summer palace for the Dalai Lamas. Located at the west of Lhasa, It covers an area of 36 hectares with its first part bird in 1740s. during the time of 7th Dalai Lama for the fountain that was good for his health for bathing, after 7th Dalai Lama, 8th 13th and 14th Dalai Lama build their palaces, later it become a large garden places like today. during Shoton fastival people come here in their best dress and see the opra performance did by profferers and celebrate lingka.
Jokhang is situated at the heart of the old town of Lhasa, Jokhang Temple was build in the7th century. It is said that Songtsen Gampo, Princess Bhrukuti from Nepal and Princess Wencheng from Tang Dynasty jointly build it. the main construction of the Jokhang Temple is a 4 storied building, which integrates the architectural style of Han, Tibetan, India and Nepal. The construction also embodies the cosmological view of Buddhism since the whole temple is centered on the big chapel which symbolizes the core of the universe. The statue of 12 year old equal-body of Sakyamuni is the located in the Temple. Temple it self is a natural AAAA grade scenic sport.
Ganden Monastery is located about 60 km east of Lhasa in Taktse County, the Ganden Monastery is one of threes largest monasteries and the fit of six monasteries of the Gelug Sect. Ganden literally means to be content with love and pleasure. In 1409 Tsongkhapa, the founder of the Gelug Sect, built and presided over its construction. Main buildings in the monastery are the Assembly Hall, Tsongkapa's Residence and Yangpachen hall, therefor this monastery is regarded as the alma mater of Gelug sect.
Drepung Monastery is located on the slope of Mt. Ganpu Wuzi, 5 km away from the downtown in the Northwest of Lhasa and built in 1416, by Jamchen Chojay, Drepung Monastery is th eon of the biggest monastery among the six monasteries of the Gelug sect, in which once lived 10,000 monk. it covers an area of 250,000 sq. meters. Drepung was once the living places for the successive Dalai Lama, Fifth Dalia lama lived here before he moved to the Potala Palace. The monastery has a large collection of historical relics and Buddhist scriptures. The Shoton (Yogurt festival), held every year in the 8th month of Tibetan calendar, it's one of the main religious festival celebrate in this monastery, during the time of Yogur festival monastery display a very big fabric made Thangka, people from different place came here to get bless from that painting, it last for half day.
Sera monastery I s located at the foot of Serawotse Mountain to the north of Lhasa City, Sera Monastery is on elf the three largest monasteries in Lhasa as well as one of six biggest monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism in Tibet. It was build in 1419 by one of Tsongkpa's Student Jamchey Chojay Sakyeshi, December 27th of Tibetan Calander every year this monastery organize a Festival Call Sera Phumjay, Pilgrims from all places come to attend this festival, this monastery also display big fabric made Thangka during Shothon festival that celebrate at Drepong Monastery.
Ramoche Temple is located at the north of the old town of Lhasa, Ramoche Temple was built in the middle of the 7th century, but was destroyed by fire and then reconstructed for several times. A large number of mural paintings can be seen in the temple. Enshrined in the halls are the images of Sakyamuni, Manjushri and Maitreya. in side this temple main statue is the 8 years old statue of Sakyamuni brought by Nepali Princess Bhrikuti, Ramoche temple is the academy of the esoteric sect of the Gelug sect, so it is also call the Upper Tantric institution, which is a place for monks to study the buddhist scriptures.